Same-sex and transgender couples may face unique fertility circumstances. Due to the high cost of infertility treatments and inadequate insurance coverage, queer families may have additional challenges accessing assisted reproductive technology.
Having trouble becoming pregnant or remaining pregnant can be extremely painful. Feelings of grief, loss, guilt, shame, disappointment, anxiety, depression and isolation are normal.
Pregnancy and Infant Loss
Often the impacts of a miscarriage on a pregnant person and their partners mental health can be overlooked. People who experience a loss are at an increased risk of developing depression and anxiety in the years following. For those parents who’ve experienced the loss of an infant, life can seem as if nothing makes sense anymore. If you are suffering due to pregnancy or infant loss, please reach out for support. Kaya is available for a free 15 minute consultation.
Fertility & Loss Counseling Can Support You With:
• Learning to cope with the many emotions of infertility
• Grief of pregnancy loss/stillbirth/medical termination/selective reduction
• Exploring other family building options
• Ways to respond to family, friends and acquaintances about your infertility journey
• Managing the day to day emotional stresses related to infertility
Kaya is a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine Mental Health Professional Group.